United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women (UMW) is a community of women whose purpose it is to:
- Know God
- Experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- Develop a creative supportive fellowship
- Expand concepts of missions through participation in the global ministries on the Church
We are a group of “Women in Mission” acting as advocates for women, children & youth, both at home & abroad.
Our theme is: REACH, TEACH, GROW & CONNECT! All that we do supports our purpose & theme.
The United Methodist Women at Flushing UMC consists of several groups known as circles.
Since each circle is unique in its membership and mission activities, women are encouraged to visit several to determine which one best suits them. Each circle serves to develop close relationships thru the nature of a small group.
UMW circles include:
- Rebecca Circle: Meets the 3rd Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
- Irene Circle: Meets the 3rd Wednesday at 12:00 p.m.
- Lena Eschtruth Circle: Meets the 3rd Wednesday at 7:00 p.m
- Young Women's Circle: Meets monthly
- E-Circle: A circle without monthly meetings while allowing participation thru mission work, fellowship and fun as time and interest allows!
As “Women in Mission”, we live out the purpose of United Methodist Women by our giving and as servants in one or more of the following mission activities:
Emergency Kits – collect, organize & ship emergency kits to areas of need following disasters